Got this email through this morning from WordPress, so thought I’d revel in my own (pathetic) brilliance and let anyone whose interested (!?) to gauge my ‘Blog-Health-o-Meter™’! Now, I know the figures aren’t immense or mind-blowing but still, World Dominance isn’t attained in a day, is it…?
The stats helper monkeys at WordPress.com mulled over how this blog did in 2010, and here’s a high level summary of its overall blog health:
The Blog-Health-o-Meter™ reads Fresher than ever.
A Boeing 747-400 passenger jet can hold 416 passengers. This blog was viewed about 1,900 times in 2010. That’s about 4 full 747s.
In 2010, there were 42 new posts, growing the total archive of this blog to 56 posts. There were 104 pictures uploaded, taking up a total of 8mb. That’s about 2 pictures per week.
The busiest day of the year was December 5th with 109 views. The most popular post that day was A tale of two Bicycles.
Where did they come from?
The top referring sites in 2010 were bv.com.au, imdb.com, facebook.com, mail.live.com, google.co.uk and en.wordpress.com.
Some visitors came searching, mostly for the boiling rage, ellie koning, windows 7 advert, parcelforce, and colin brazier.
Attractions in 2010
These are the posts and pages that got the most views in 2010.
1) A tale of two Bicycles April 2010
2) Windows 7 UK adverts: anyone for an anal lobotomy? January 2010
3) Zombies: it’s all about the way they move… December 2009
4) Parcel Force? P*ssing Farce more like! July 2010
5) Halifax Bank’s Radio Station: feeling a little queasy April 2010
6) BT Broadband: welcome to the dribbling trickle February 2010
7) Walking and dogs – ready for a workout? May 2010
8) In eBay sellers we trust June 2010
9) New MP3 player, new top 10 September 2010
10) I can’t get no Enlightenment satisfaction December 2010
Some of your most popular posts were written before 2010. Your writing has staying power! Consider writing about those topics again.
So, there we have the result of all my hard work: another year has passed in my blogging world, with another 12 months suddenly arriving to occupy me and it’s yet another 52 weeks sucked from my very bones as I head towards the grave, dust and the Universal.
And you know what? I wouldn’t change a f**king thing!